Thursday, January 18, 2007

nameless despite words

it's a new day. i feel my shoulders, my center, my temples. my lips purse in contemplation. keys are pushed, guided into thoughts. my little fingers with stars and silver, they move elegantly at my command, they bring emotion into creation, like tiny trucks filling holes with cement, only to be scratched with the names of teenagers and strange girls with leaves in their hair.

you carried the signs of fall like a masterpiece. marc chagall held between thumb and index. i gasped at the sight, beauty almost always moves too quickly to catch. portable stained glass, i wish i could bathe in colors infused with sunlight, warm myself with rainbows. but impossible is that wish. how do i swim in frozen matter without getting cut? how many kisses does cobalt require to open up and receive a silvery body?

the houses in mexico spoke the same language. i would press myself against blue walls, breasts tried to hug the corners, wished they could talk with color. that desire was almost nameless, it spoke of something still is hard to mention. but we pressed together, despite clothes and pedestrians, my face against stucco, lips breathing in aqua azul.

No comments: